In Memory Quotes: Remembering a Loved One
When someone we love dies, it’s only natural for us to want to remember them. We might want to hang on to every little detail about them, or maybe we just want to keep their memory alive in our hearts. One way to do this is by sharing quotes and extracts to honour a loved one. You might want to write a condolence card, set up a Collection Pot fund to help a grieving loved one receive messages, or leave a message on flowers. What phrases and words can be used?
Struggling with the right words?
What to write to someone who is grieving?
- “The death of a loved one is never easy but know that they will always be with you.”
- “Though they are no longer with us, the memories of our loved ones live on in our hearts forever.”
- “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day.”
- “In the hearts of those who loved them, loved ones never die.”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- “The pain of losing a loved one is never easy, but you are not alone.”
- “Your loved one will always be with you. They are in your memories and in your heart.”
- “Though they are gone, they will never be forgotten.”
What to write in memory of someone
- “If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.”
- “There are some who bring a light so great to the world, that even after they are gone, their light remains. Your light burns so bright.”
- “Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.”
- “Grief is the price we pay for love. I will never stop loving you.”
- “In loving memory of a life that was so beautiful and so special. Thank you for all the great times.”
- ”I miss you, but I know that you are in a better place.”
- “Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.”
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.”
Raising money in memory of a loved one
If you want to raise money in memory for a cause or towards a memorial bench or plaque, Collection Pot makes it easy to set up and manage a fund. You can start collecting in minutes and the funds can either go to a friend, family member or chosen charity. Setting up a fund is free, and you can create a wall of in loving memory messages or offer some solace and comfort during a difficult time.